History & legacy
Antoinette de Guillemotes becomes the owner of the Domaine Rochet. She marries Etienne de Lafon. The Estaste is renamed and becomes Chateau Lafon-Rochet.
The year of enlightenment: Chateau Lafon-Rochet becomes one of the 61 Chateaux selected of the occasion of Paris Universal Exhibition to form the famous 1855 Médoc Classification
Guy Tesseron, the first family member to take the stage, becomes the owner of Chateau Lafon-Rochet.
1961 - 1975
Outstanding vintages bring Lafon-Rochet into the limelight.
Guy Tesseron entrusts Chateau Lafon-Rochet to his children, Michel Tesseron and Caroline Poniatowski.
Michel Tesseron paints the Chateau in bright yellow and modernizes the production facilitites
In turn, Michel Tesseron passes the estate on to his son Basile Tesseron, who takes over boldly and whith passion: "Making a fine wine is not a job, it's a lifetime commitment".
2014 - 2016
Two new cellars are unveiled at Lafon-Rochet. One with concrete vats, the other with stainless steel.
Le Chateau Lafon-Rochet is open to the public, all year round.